A New Post-Residency Fellowship for the Psychiatric Scientist
Posted: November 26th, 2013
The MGH/McLean Adult Psychiatry Residency is committed to fostering the research aspirations of promising psychiatric scientists. While our NIMH-funded Research Concentration Program provides support to residents during clinical training, a critical time for a researcher's career is immediately following their residency, before they have received extramural funding (e.g. a NIH Career Development, or K, Award). But as a newly announced fellowship shows, this crucial "bridge" period is increasingly well-supported by a range of opportunities for MGH/McLean residents.
On November 18th, the Stanley Center for Psychiatric Research, which is part of the Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT, announced a new post-graduate residency research fellowship exclusively available to MGH/McLean residents. The Stanley Center Fellowship for Psychiatric Genetics and Neuroscience will provide one to two years of post-residency salary support, representing at least 70% effort, for recently graduated residents beginning careers in psychiatric research. The effort represents a new partnership between the residency and the Stanley Center, which is directed by Steve Hyman, MD, a former McLean resident who later served as head of NIMH and then Harvard Provost, before taking on the Stanley Center post. Read the full announcement for this award here.
This new fellowship joins a host of other research opportunities available to MGH/McLean residents during their PGY5 and PGY6 years. (more…)
- Harvard Brain Initiative Scientist Directory is Live!
- Welcome to the Newly Matched Class of 2022!
- ACNP awards for RCP mentors
- If a neuroscientist designed a haunted house, would you dare to enter?
- RCP alum honored as finalist for prestigious Takeda Early Career Award
- RCP alumnus receives NIH New Innovator Award
- Spotlight on RCP alum Jenn Gatchel
- Good genes are nice, but joy is better
- Welcome to the Newly Matched Class of 2021!
- Welcome to the Newly Matched Class of 2020!