June Means More Than Just Warmer Weather to MGH/McLean Residents
Posted: June 17th, 2014
June of every year is a significant time for PGY4 residents, and not just because it brings warmer weather. June is the time when PGY4 residents give their Senior Talk, a brief presentation what each resident has learned during their residency before the start their post residency careers. The subject of each talk varies, from an exploration of how shame affects both the patient and the psychiatrist to how creating a genetically modified mouse can help further our understanding of eating disorders. For a complete list of the speakers and their topics, please refer to the bottom of the article.
Additionally, each June the MGH/McLean recognizes some of our residents for their outstanding work in the clinic as well as in the lab. Please see below for the full list of award recipients.
- Hackett Award – Jennifer Gatchel, MD, PhD
- Joyce and Richard Tedlow Award – Rachel Ross, MD, PhD
- Paul Howard Award – Stephanie Cincotta, MD
- Ed Messner Award – Heather Vestal, MD, MHS
- Anne Alonso Award – Kathryn Tompkins, MD
- Mel Kayce Award – Christina Brezing, MD
- Laughlin Award – Alex Keuroghlian, MD, MSc
- Outstanding Contribution to Neuroscience Award – Evan Macosko, MD, PhD