Steve Hyman keynotes RCP symposium: “The Future of the Psychiatric Scientist”
Posted: November 14th, 2012
The December 12th event featured talks from leaders in psychiatry and neuroscience research, including a keynote presentation from Steve Hyman, former head of the National Institute for Mental Health, and currently Director of the Stanley Center for Psychiatric Research at the Broad Institute of Harvard and MIT).
A poster session featured work from current RCP residents and allow faculty, residents, and visiting applicants to share their thoughts and experience with the wide ranging possibilities for research in the Boston neuroscience and psychiatric communities.
- 10:30 - 11:00 | Coffee & Pastries
- 11:00 - 11:15 | Introductory remarks – Jerrold Rosenbaum & Scott Rauch
- 11:15 - 11:30 | Overview of the RCP – Justin Baker, Dost Ongur, and John Denninger
- 11:30 - 12:00 | Keynote Presentation – Steve Hyman
- 12:00 - 12:15 | Lunch Buffet
- 12:15 - 01:45 | Selected Scientific Presentations - Faculty
- 01:45 - 02:00 | Closing Remarks - Maurizio Fava & Shelly Greenfield
- 02:00 - 03:00 | Poster Session - Residents of the MGH/McLean RCP